What to do about intimidating neighbours

Rated 3.95/5 based on 703 customer reviews

If the problem persists and your neighbour is a tenant or leaseholder you may consider contacting the landlord or freeholder.

Mediation involves getting someone who is not involved in the dispute to help you reach an agreement.Noise nuisance is usually handled by the local authority but the police can intervene if the situation is becoming violent or intimidating.A verbal warning from police might be enough to stop the nuisance.There is excellent advice about what to do about anti-social behaviour and who to involve on the Citizens Advice website.Most neighbours are easy going law-abiding citizens, but occasionally you may encounter those that prevent you from enjoying a peaceful life in your own home.

Leave a Reply